Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Interview w/the Author: Mike Hartner

hartner 06 24 13
New historical fiction novel: I, Walter
Purchase Here (Amazon Link)
 
Vancouver, BC - Canadian author, Mike Hartner, is pleased to announce the release of his new historical fiction adventure novel, I, Walter.
 
I, Walter is an historical adventure that follows Walter Crofter from his beginnings in London, to his end in Northern Spain. In a country and a time where favor and politics were both deadly, can an honest boy stay true to himself? Especially given his family background?
 
I, Walter is the first in a series of books in a saga which will span continents and time to arrive in present day North America. Each in the series will be connected, though that connection may not be obvious for several more books. It’s almost like looking at a menorah (sic).. Many lines, seemingly individual, connect to center at different points.


We want to welcome you Mike Hartner to BMB and a HUGE thank you for your time in sharing a bit about yourself and your book.  I like to start off with a little game of two truths and a lie…so Walter, give us your best shot!
      

 I’m happily married    
 My proudest achievement is my son.
The next several books are planned already.

I’m going to give a shot at this and be optimistic and say that you are both happily married and your proudest achievement is your son. Of course, it would be immensely optimistic if you had your next several books planned out but that’s just the way my guesswork goes.  So anyway, tell us a bit about yourself.

What was the first book you remember reading?

HARRY THE DIRTY DOG

That’s a totally cool sounding book. I had to look it up. (Love kids book covers!) Back to you…What is your greatest fear ?

Something tragic happening to my son and/or wife

I think that’s a very valid fear. So, if you were on a deserted island what three items would you want with you?

A phone to call for help, good book to keep me company, food.

 So, you’ll make the call for help and then while you wait for them to arrive you have some yummy chapters to pour yourself over as well as some grub. Perfect setting. Sounds nearly like a vacation! Who’s your favorite musician ?

Bruce Springsteen

 Ah…an oldie but a goodie. And what is your your Favorite song ?

No Surrender followed closely by From Small Things

 Fun Fun Fun. Alright Mike, let’s get to the nitty-gritty. You wrote I, Walter, a novel which is the first in the series. Where did you find the inspiration for your most recent book?

 My book is inspired by my muse and some back history.

 I see. I could ask a millions and one questions on the topic of your muse (but I’ll hold my tongue.)Do you have rituals for when you are writing?

 My writing includes being seated in a comfortable surrounding, usually lounging in a part of my house, with headphones and classical music dictated by the book and the character.

 Classical music. So your book leads you in what music you listen to. That’s a pretty common thing. Writers have entire playlists they feel they must listen to while they are writing. Do you have any favorite characters?

 It’s tough to answer that question, since all of the characters are favorites.

 I understand. So do you use a particular writing method?

 I write totally organic. I will usually have interesting ideas for the book percolate through the mind a day or two before.  Then, I sit and write.  When I’m done writing, then I edit.

 There are writers who edit while they write. You write and then edit.  How long did it take you to write this book?

 About 10 months.

 Wow, that’s not bad timing at all! Do you have any goals for your future?

I, WALTER is the start of a series that will bring us to present day before it’s finished.  My ambition, and my intent, is to write each and every one of these books in a way that will continue to be enjoyed by all of the readers.

That’s some pretty brilliant goals my friend. We wish you the very best of luck and can’t wait to see where the series takes you.  I know for me personally I love seeing a well-planned series in the making. Congrads!

Before we leave, I like to close with the …

RAPID ANSWER ZONE

What was the last movie you saw?
The Dark Knight

What did you do last Halloween?
Stayed home

What is the name of your car?
 Dah-ling.

LOOOOVVVEEEEEE IT! Hahaha
Now, which one of the three was the lie?

I may be privy to the name of the main character, but that’s as far as it goes. Their life events are organic and surprising, even to me. 

Mwwhahahah. I knew it! J Take care
                                                                          About the book:
I, Walter by Mike Hartner
ISBN: 978-0973356151
Publisher: Eternity4Popsicle Publishing
Date of publish: May 2013
Pages: 224
S.R.P.: $17.95
 
About the author:

Mike Hartner is a father, son, author, patriot, geek (ret), and husband. His love of all things genealogical led him to writing, and writing has now led him to fiction and a large epic saga. He lives in Vancouver, BC with his wife and son.

Other Books by Mike Hartner

Dear Hearts: A Portrait of ...
by      
 
Never a Dull Moment: The Ha...
by

No comments:

Post a Comment