by Hervé Tullet
Press the yellow dot on the cover of this book, follow the instructions within, and embark upon a magical journey! Each page of this surprising book instructs the reader to press the dots, shake the pages, tilt the book, and who knows what will happen next! Children and adults alike will giggle with delight as the dots multiply, change direction, and grow in size! Especially remarkable because the adventure occurs on the flat surface of the simple, printed page, this unique picture book about the power of imagination and interactivity will provide read-aloud fun for all ages!
by Carl Hiaasen
Wahoo Cray lives in a zoo. His father is an animal wrangler, so he's grown up with all manner of gators, snakes, parrots, rats, monkeys, snappers, and more in his backyard. The critters he can handle. His father is the unpredictable one.
When his dad takes a job with a reality TV show called "Expedition Survival!", Wahoo figures he'll have to do a bit of wrangling himself—to keep his dad from killing Derek Badger, the show's boneheaded star, before the shoot is over. But the job keeps getting more complicated. Derek Badger seems to actually believe his PR and insists on using wild animals for his stunts. And Wahoo's acquired a shadow named Tuna—a girl who's sporting a shiner courtesy of her old man and needs a place to hide out.
They've only been on location in the Everglades for a day before Derek gets bitten by a bat and goes missing in a storm. Search parties head out and promptly get lost themselves. And then Tuna's dad shows up with a gun . . .
It's anyone's guess who will actually survive "Expedition Survival". . .
Young Adult:PAPER TOWNS
by John Green
Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life - dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge - he follows.
After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues - and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer Q gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew.
Children's Series:THE ABDUCTION
When his best friend, April, disappears from her bedroom in the middle of the night, no one, not even Theo Boone-who knows April better than anyone-has answers.
As fear ripples through his small hometown and the police hit dead ends, it's up to Theo to use his legal knowledge and investigative skills to chase down the truth and save April.
Filled with the page-turning suspense that made John Grisham a #1 international bestseller and the undisputed master of the legal thriller, Theodore Boone's trials and triumphs will keep readers guessing until the very end.
_____________________________Top 5 Children's Books
- GOODNIGHT, GOODNIGHT, CONSTRUCTION SITE, by Sherri Duskey Rinker and Tom Lichtenheld
- A BIG GUY TOOK MY BALL!, by Mo Willems
- STEAM TRAIN, DREAM TRAIN, by Sherri Duskey Rinker and Tom Lichtenheld
- THIS IS NOT MY HAT, by Jon Klassen
- THAT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA!, by Mo Willems
- WONDER, by R. J. Palacio
- THE ONE AND ONLY IVAN, by Katherine Applegate
- CHOMP, by Carl Hiaasen
- THE CARE AND KEEPING OF YOU 1, by Valorie Schaefer. Illustrated by Josee Masse
- OUT OF MY MIND, by Sharon M. Draper
- THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, by John Green
- DIVERGENT, by Veronica Roth
- INSURGENT, by Veronica Roth
- THE 5TH WAVE, by Rick Yancey
- THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER, by Stephen Chbosky
- THE HUNGER GAMES, by Suzanne Collins
- THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS, by Cassandra Clare
- BEAUTIFUL CREATURES, by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- THEODORE BOONE, by John Grisham
- DIARY OF A WIMPY KID, written and illustrated by Jeff Kinney