Monday, June 10, 2013

Sunday Picture

Well, here it is a Sunday and I'm supposed to find an amazing or interesting or fascinating painting - or drawing, I'd be up for posting a cool drawing if I found one - on the site.  I do my best to scout around for new artwork, cool artwork and the unusual piece I think you might enjoy.  Or... well.. that's not necessarily true.  I ramble through the internet on a regular basis and keep a weather eye out for artwork I think others should see.
As it were, I've been seeing this one particular painting popping up over and over again.  Personally, I am not a fan of this piece.  I think the colors are faded and the woman in the picture is only so-so in looks and personality.  And the guy that painted her, Leonardo somebody... ehh. . not really important I think.

But.. aside from my personal thoughts on this what I believe to be unknown painting, I will show it to you anyway and you can judge for yourself it's finer points or lack thereof.


So here it is: The Painting.  I think it's titled "The Mona Lisa"
by some guy named Leonardo DaVinci

So obviously, this is The Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci one of the greatest painters ever.  The painting explores many aspects of painting and of bringing out certain things within the subject.  It is a masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment