This Week's Spotlight:
by Lemony Snicket
Laszlo is afraid of the dark.
dark lives in the same house as Laszlo. Mostly, though, the dark stays
in the basement and doesn't come into Lazslo's room. But one night, it
This is the story of how Laszlo stops being afraid of the dark.
With emotional insight and poetic economy, two award-winning talents team up to conquer a universal childhood fear.
THE EMPTY CITY
by Erin Hunter
The time has come for dogs to rule the wild.
Lucky is a golden-haired mutt with a nose for survival. He has always
been a loner—roaming the streets of the busy city and relying on his
instincts to get by. Other dogs have Packs, but Lucky doesn't long for
the days he spent with his littermates. He stands alone.
Big Growl strikes. Suddenly the ground is split wide open. The Trap
House is destroyed. And all the longpaws have disappeared.
is trapped in a strange and desolate new world with no food, foul
water, and enemies at every turn. He falls in with others left behind,
including his littermate Bella, a Leashed dog. Relying on other dogs—and
having them depend on him—brings new dangers that Lucky isn't prepared
for, but he may not be able to survive on his own. Can Lucky ever be a
true Pack dog?
THE 5TH WAVE
by Rick Yancey
The Passage meets Ender’s Game in an epic new series from award-winning author Rick Yancey.
the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky
escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave,
only one rule applies: trust no one.
Now, it’s the dawn of the
5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The
beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone
they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to
stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and
mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her
brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust
and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To
give up or to get up.
by Jeff Kinney
The highly anticipated sequel to the #1 NEW YORK TIMES bestselling book!
Secrets have a way of getting out, especially when a diary is involved.
Whatever you do, don’t ask Greg Heffley how he spent his summer vacation, because he definitely doesn’t want to talk about it.
As Greg enters the new school year, he’s eager to put the past three months behind him . . . and one event in particular.
for Greg, his older brother, Rodrick, knows all about the incident Greg
wants to keep under wraps. But secrets have a way of getting out . . .
especially when a diary is involved.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick
Rules chronicles Greg’s attempts to navigate the hazards of middle
school, impress the girls, steer clear of the school talent show, and
most important, keep his secret safe
Top 5 Children's Books:
Picture Book: 1. POEMS TO LEARN BY HEART, by Caroline Kennedy. Illustrated by Jon J Muth
2. GOODNIGHT, GOODNIGHT, CONSTRUCTION SITE, by Sherri Duskey Rinker and Tom Lichtenheld
3. STEAM TRAIN, DREAM TRAIN, by Sherri Duskey Rinker and Tom Lichtenheld
4. THAT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA!, by Mo Willems
5. FANCY NANCY: FANCIEST DOLL IN THE UNIVERSE, by Jane O'Connor. Illustrated by Robin Preiss Glasser
1. WONDER, by R. J. Palacio
2. A HIDDEN ENEMY, by Erin Hunter
3. THE ONE AND ONLY IVAN, by Katherine Applegate
4. LEGO NINJAGO CHARACTER ENCYCLOPEDIA, by Claire Sipi
5. THE CARE AND KEEPING OF YOU 1, by Valorie Schaefer. Illustrated by Josee Masse
1. THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, by John Green
2. THE 5TH WAVE, by Rick Yancey
3. DIVERGENT, by Veronica Roth
4. INSURGENT, by Veronica Roth
5. THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER, by Stephen Chbosky
1. THE HUNGER GAMES, by Suzanne Collins
2. THE MORAL INSTRUMENTS, by Cassandra Clare
3. DIARY OF A WIMPY KID, by Jrff Kinney
4. BIG NATE, by Lincoln Peirce
5. BEAUTIFUL CREATURES, by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Disclaimer: All list come from NYTimes.com, all blurbs come from Goodreads.com.