Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Interview with the Author: Lasheka Hollingsworth


Welcome all to another excellent opportunity to listen and learn from a published author! What’s it like? Is it hard? How do they do it? What’s at the end of the lucky charms rainbow? Perhaps we will learn all these answers and more as I interview Lasheka Hollingsworth, author of What if?

Lasheka, let’s start this off with two truths and a lie!
-I am originally from Houston, Texas.
-I am a Christian.
-I am perfect, and I am not afraid to say it. Lol!

 Well, I could take a gander at this but I’ve read your book so I believe I already know the answer! Still, we’ll keep it a secret until the end. So, tell us a bit about yourself.
I am single. I love Fettuccini Alfredo. It’s the best dish ever. My favorite book is the Holy Bible (New Translation). The first book I remember reading is Sister Sister by Eric Jerome Dickey. It was the first novel I remember reading in 1999. My favorite musician, well honestly, I have so many, but my favorite musician would have to be Duke Ellington. There is nothing like listening to Mood Indigo in the summer time with a cold glass of sweet tea in hand.  And I love Autumn; because, it is nothing like driving in the country as the leaves begin to turn red and orange. Autumn is truly a beautiful season. Oh, and my  favorite school teacher is Mrs. Joan Bolden Hubert; because, without her I would have never been able to sing classical music in public. I love her for giving me a voice, and for giving me the opportunity to travel to Accra, Ghana, to sing at a traditional summer festival.

That’s some pretty interesting stuff! So let’s have some fun. What was the last gift you purchased?
The last gift that I purchased was a story book for my nephew’s first birthday, and he loves it.

Awww…kids are great at that age. So what do you think is the best age to be?
Any age, I believe that it is a blessing to have the opportunity to have a birthday for some people did not wake up to see a new day.

That is so very true. So have you seen any movies recently?
I just saw the movie “The Great Gatsby.” One of the best movies that I’ve seen in a long time.

I just loaded that book onto my phone. I want to read/listen to it before I watch it. LOL Tell us, do you have a name for your car?
This may be corny to some people, but my car’s name is Maria.

Not corny in the least. I’m sure there’s a good story behind it. Haha! Anyway, what is the best fictional character in your opinion?
Lestat from Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. He is one of the most loveable characters, but he can be very sad as the story goes.

Someone has a soft heart! <3 :="" lie="" o:p="" okay="" tell="" the="" us="" was="" which="">

The one question that is untrue is that, I am perfect, and I am not afraid to say it. I am not perfect, and will never be perfect. That’s the truth!

Well, thanks so much for visiting us. It’s been a treat! Readers, support BMB’s favorite authors and buy their book. Here is the link!
 
 
Amazon Store: What If?

1 comment:

  1. Also, the book can be purchased online at Barnes & Noble.com, Outskirtspress.com, and African Imports which is located inside of Greenspoint Mall in Houston, Texas. God bless you all.

    -Author LaSheka Hollingsworth

    ReplyDelete