Saturday, April 20, 2013

A to Z Challenge: R is for Ridiculousness

By: Michala T.
Ridiculousness

Have you heard of this show on MTV? Its utter ridiculousness….but its soooo entertaining. Even my husband who doesn’t laugh much at anything will flip through the channels and when he sees this show will calmly take his finger off the remote control button and watch.

I don’t know exactly how they get away with it being a TV-PG rating but oh well.



Notice what his shirt says.
The show is hosted by Rob Dyrdek. This guy is a prefessional skateboarder, and actor, and of course a reality TV star from the shows Rob and Big, Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory, and Ridiculousness. Then there is the two co-hosts Sterling ‘Steelo’ Brin and Chanel West Coast. OMG…is that her real name? Jeez!

The show, when I first saw it reminded me of America’s Funniest Home Videos. Except it’s like all those video where you clinch your teach and go ‘man I am so glad that wasn’t me’. It’s the real, raw videos that probably rarely ever made it onto the show hosted by Bob Saget. LOL

It isn’t all that surprising that MTV does not accept viewer-submitted videos.

The show is utterly ridiculous but that’s to be expected. I don’t know which is worse: the fact that I’ll watch the show or the fact that I won’t watch it because it seems as though it’s always in repeat mode.

What really concerns me is how this show exalts the state of our world and the people that exist within it. I mean, for those who have ever said, “I’m surrounded by freaks or stupid people” DING DING DING…you got it right! You are totally correct!

I don’t know about you but I’m friggin’ embarrassed by who will be taking over this world in the days to come. Am I maybe missing all the level headed, professional-minded, ‘I want to make something of myself’ people? Or are they all freako’s consumed with themselves, their gadgets, their toys, and their technology? Whatever happened to kids volunteering in hospitals, mowing yards, and working to pay for the shoes they want?

Mankind is as this show susggests, in a state of Ridiculousness. *Hangs my head low, shakes it, and covers her head in her blanket.* I pray...oh my god do I pray...I pray all the time....

 
I can only hope that there are decent brain cells lurking in the minds of the people who will be running our nation. Perhaps they will grow up, give up the ill-conceived notions they have, quit making total asses of themselves, and take control of their future by making smart choices. I can only hope that the role models they cling to will be like sweat on their foreheads and wiped away. I pray...oh my god do I pray....

No comments:

Post a Comment