Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Interview w/the author: Allison Cosgrove


Shall we begin with a lie? Of course…let’s sprinkle some truth into it.

Please do tell us

I am 5 feet 10 inches tall.
I own two retail stores.
I drive a Dodge Charger.

Ooohh….This one is fun! My illogical sense of reasoning is being harnessed, give me a minute. I am only 5’2” and I think if you were 5’10” you would not write but instead…model. Two retail stores? Is not one good enough for you? I love the Dodge Charger and I cannot see why anyone would NOT be driving one…unless they couldn’t afford it. But you are a writer and of course you can afford it…  Okay my Yoda senses say Two Retail Stores you do not own. J  Haha!!! 

Please, tell us something about yourself.
I am married to a wonderful and supportive husband who is the reason I have the courage to put my work out there. The first book I remember reading is Dr. Seuss’  The Foot Book…. Left foot left foot right foot right! Feet in the morning and feet at night! I loved that book. I was four when I first started to read and those were the books I learn on. My favorite holiday is Christmas. I love spending time with family and friends, and spoiling folks rotten. Oh and baking with my daughters! My favorite teacher was my grade 11/12 English teacher. She was an incredible source of inspiration and support to me growing up. I remember writing my first “book” at 12. It was a crime novel much like I write now only considerably more tame. My pet’s names are Smokie and Jonsey … those are my two remaining cats. Raised them since birth basically! And the three think I always keep close to me are my coffee cup, my phone, and a computer.

Wowza! That’s a lot of neat stuff. I wasn’t all that into Dr. Seuss books but I LOVED the Foot Book. And I think I hated all my English teachers but two. And the two I liked were also great sources for encouragement. I too wrote my first book at age twelve!!! How neat. So where do you find inspiration for your writing? For this book in particular.
 From reality. Most of my “bad guys” are based on real criminals and their crimes. I just change a few things to make them my own brand of creeps.

Oh I can see that. I’ve read certain news clips and thought how I could turn it into a story. So do you have a favorite character in your book?
Stan, he is flawed like every normal person is and it’s how he deals with his flaws that make me love and respect him.

Having flaws makes our characters believable. J So when writing do you have any particular ways in which you write your story, or any methods in which your do things?
Loud music and coffee are staples, that aside however I can write almost anywhere doing anything  J For the most part I write fast and furious and fly by the seat of my pants plotting as I go until I get to the end and then I have to organize and make sure I’ve tied up all the loose ends.

I like music that I don’t know the words to…so I often listen to country but sometimes classical. It depends on the scene I’m writing.  So what’s been the best part about being an author, being published?
The best is all the amazing people I have met in my journey. The worst is the fact that I haven’t had a lot of time to write lately! I’ve not really changed to be honest. I love the journey so if anything it has made me hungry for more adventures.

I can completely understand about not having time. I’m a grad student and trying to find the time to study in between writing…is near impossible.  (Okay that totally makes my priorities sound out of whack! LOL) How long did it take you to write this book? And do you have any goals about the upcoming ones?
This one took a year to write. The rest have come together at different time lengths depending on the book. Well there are 9 other books in this series that I have to clean up and get out to the fans!

Nine books! Wow. That is super exciting! I love love love book series so this is one I’ll definitely be adding to my to-read list. Well, thanks so much for visiting with us. Before we sign off… let’s go straight into the
                                                               Rapid Answer Zone

Where was the last place you dined out?  
Wacky Wings for my daughters 13th birthday!

Who did you last call?
My Grandmother… I call her every day to say good morning on my way to work.

What was the last movie you saw?
Les Miserables with my hubby and kids on the weekend.

What is the name of your car?
Baby

Pizza, hot pockets, or pizza rolls?
Pizza

Now, which one of the three was the lie?
I drive a 1999 Dodge Caravan… Dodge Charger is stuff of dreams for this mom of three!

Oh girl…don’t you know it!!!!!! LOL

Viewers..take a look at Allison’s book and visit her when you got a chance!!! Oh...and be aware...she's got another book with an anticpated release date of April!!!!
 
                                                                 HOTSPOTS
 
                                                                  Goodreads
                                                                   Amazon
                                                                                 website

 

 

1 comment: