Sunday, March 10, 2013

Cover & Blurb w.mini interview: Fire Within by Ally Shields


Author Bio

Ally Shields was born and raised in the Midwest, along the Mississippi River, the setting for her urban fantasy series. After  a career in law and juvenile justice, she turned to full-time writing in 2009, and Awakening the Fire, the debut novel in her Guardian Witch series, was released in September 2012.  Ally still lives close to the Mighty Mississippi with her Miniature Pinscher, Ranger. When not writing or reading, she loves to travel in the US and abroad. Way too often she can be found on Twitter.

Book Blurb

A hidden evil stalks the city…
Ari Calin refuses to believe her human friend Eddie murdered a vampire—in spite of his confession. Her human partner Ryan thinks the case is a slam dunk, even though there’s no weapon and no witnesses, but Ari’s not about to let her friend take the rap without finding out more.
 When Ari attends a charity event on the arm of a handsome werewolf, she finds someone she never expected to see again—Andreas De Luca, the charismatic vampire she used to date. When their eyes meet across the room, memories come rushing back. His kiss, his touch, a savage death…and a terrifying magical bond. A reconnection is the last thing she wants. Only by staying away and forgetting Andreas can she hope to avoid the Legend of Ramora. 

 But when vampires keep dying, one thing becomes clear: Riverdale has a serial killer on its hands, and Andreas could be next. Ari begins to fear there’s more to it, though. Something truly evil is stalking the city, waiting to take control…

Interview with Ally Shields:

Write two truths and one lie.
I love liver and onions.
I’ve visited Egypt three times.
I’ve owned a pet snake.
Wow…those are hard to choose from. Hmm…I’m going to guess that the lie is a pet snake. (I hate snakes!!! So tell us something about yourself.
My favorite book turned movie is the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy by Tolkien. They were wonderful books and another great experience as movies. The very first book I remember reading was a children’s book about Peter Cottontail with a long-eared gray and white bunny on the front. I can’t recall the original name of the book. And my favorite song right now is Tornado by Little Big Town, but long term music would be something with staying power…like the Sound of Music theme or Andrea Bocelli’s Con te Partiro.
My brother loved Peter Cottontail and I love the LOTR books. I haven’t gone to see the Hobbit yet but it’s definitely on my to-watch list. Getting back to YOU…where did you find the inspiration for Fire Within?
Fire Within is the second book in a series, so some decisions were already made. It's hard to remember what specifically inspired this plot, because I've written two manuscripts since then. I suppose I had been watching some serial killer show and played the "what if" game. What if these murders were not happening in a normal world? What if everybody wasn't human? What then? :)
With all those what if games…it sounds like you might have been a good candidate to create some scenes on The Hunger Games. LOL You know in that world where they fight each other, they had to do a lot of what-if’s as well I bet. HA! Does writing come easy for you, like do you have a certain method in which you write?
I'm a pantser. I just jump in and start writing. It all begins with a character for me. Once I know her, it's easy to let her show me what she does and what she cares about. The stories flow from there. Sometimes when I'm about half-way through I fill out index cards to check the pacing and keep track of what is in each chapter. Writing in Scrivener has recently made that part easier.
I’ve heard wonderful things about Scrivener. J How has the published life been treating you?
There is nothing like hearing a reader, someone you never met, tell you they love your book. What a rush!
What’s the Worst thing so far?
Waiting. Waiting for edits, waiting for release, waiting for sales, waiting for that first review.
I totally understand that. I’m playing the waiting game myself. Sheesh!!! So do you have any goals for either the book or anything for that matter?
I hope to continue with the urban fantasy series through another five books (I have two of those already written and under contract). And I hope to publish a thriller series about a female ex-CIA assassin.
Wow!  That’s super fantastic! We here at BMB wish you the very best!
Oh, hey, wait…before we go>>>>>>let’s visit the
                                                                     Rapid Answer Zone
Where was the last place you dined out?
Macaroni Grill, I have a weakness for their bread and pasta.
Who did you last call?
My best friend to tell her the book was live on Barnes & Noble. She only buys from them.
What was the last gift you purchased? 
I purchased a necklace as a birthday present from a Cat Rescue site.
Now, which one of the three was the lie?
 I HATE liver and onions! :)
Dang-it. I was wrong. Well, that’s okay. I hate liver and onions almost as much as I hate snakes. LOL So, before you head out, let us know where we can reach you.

HOTSPOTS



Amazon: Amazon UK:


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Michala!

    Thanks so much for hosting me! I enjoyed chatting with you! It looks like my contact links didn't survive the conversion, so I'll repeat a couple of them here. My website is http://allyshields.com and you can connect with me on Twitter here: http://twitter.com/ShieldsAlly
    Thanks again, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete