Saturday, March 23, 2013

Book Release Set for TOMORROW!!!!!


Claire C Riley, is a mother first, a wife second, but a writer at heart.

Claire likes to break boundaries with her writing, incorporating an old school style of horror and romance. Sexy and dark. (Think Bram Stokers Dracula, but for the 21st century!) She is trying to mix things up a bit by introducing more women into the horror genre and more men into the romance genre, and show people that you should never stick in your comfort zones.

Claire is a mother to three amazing little girls who hold her heart. She hopes to make them proud, and show them that if you work hard and believe in yourself... then, as Cinderella once said... dreams really do come true.

She is an avid book collector and has a great zombie apocalypse plan in place thanks to a questionnaire she asked her readers to fill in for her from her blog.
Claire is currently working on the sequel to Limerence, and also a dystopian post-apocalyptic zombie novel called- Odium. Think Thelma and Louise but with zombies ;0)
She actively encourages reader participation on her blog and author Facebook page, with questionnaires, quizzes, and fan art. So get in touch!


She can be contacted on:
http://clairecriley.weebly.com

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17564467-limerence?utm_medium=api&utm_source=blog_book

Amazon

@ClaireCRiley

 One man's obsession could destroy them all.
Despite her love for her fiancé, Mia Lawrence finds herself inexplicably drawn to Mr Breckt- the mysterious new owner of the Island. Her thoughts are constantly consumed with the handsome and powerful stranger. However, there is much more to him than she realises, something dangerous and supernatural.

Mr Breckt is used to getting what he wants, and now he wants Mia, at any cost! With his obsession spiralling out of control, he knows that time is running out. A war is coming. Blood will be shed, and lives will be lost, but he will have to rid himself of his obsession of Mia before it’s too late.

Mia and Oliver must now fight the very evil that threatens to come between them. If either of them fails, it will be more than their love for each other that will be lost.

Ultimately, all three will have to make a sacrifice that will change each other’s destiny forever… but will it be the right one?
 

A Sneak Peak inside the book!!!!     Chapter 12

                                                                                                Mr Breckt.
She makes her way warily to the steps of the stage, tucking her hair behind her ears nervously. Her eyes are as big as a doe’s caught in the bright headlights of a car. She pauses, takes a deep breath, and looks around frantically for something. Finally, her eyes rest upon it, and she seems to calm.
 She makes her way cautiously up the small steps, as if there are a hundred, and not just three of them. She stands at the front, holding the microphone closely to her, as if for protection, and clears her throat. It echoes loudly around the noisy room.
 She speaks. Her voice is like cream, pouring so smoothly from her rosy lips. Her laugh sends a tingle down my spine. She blushes and smiles, so happy, so beautiful.         
 Looking to the left to signal for the music to start, she takes a deep shaky breath and begins. The music comes in first and then Mia;
"Take a breath, know my face, know my smile, know my soul...”
  Her voice drifts out towards me like the hands of a ghost. Gentle fingers search me out, yearning to hold me and caress me. A wave of calm washes over my fractured heart, as her words reach me, clasping hold of every inch of my being. Her words wrap around me, intertwining with my body, singing to me and calming me in a way I haven’t felt in a long time. The blood that raced through my system, the very foundations of my pain and hunger, slows. The fire finally relinquishing control and ebbing away- with relief I lean against the wall.
 Her eyes are closed self-consciously, and she poises herself closer to the microphone to sing deeper. Her plump, heart-shaped lips gently press against the cool metal shape of the microphone. The words escape her, betraying her emotions to everyone listening.
 " I’m all for you…”
 Her voice is soft and throaty but peppered with her anguish. Every set of eyes are on her as she sings in tune with my heart. The tenderness of the moment is so pure that people have stopped their endless chatter. Just to listen to her. To my beautiful Mia.
 They are obviously so taken aback by the feelings that are evident in her voice whilst she sings. Sings to me.
She holds the microphone steady on its stand with both hands, letting the soft waves of her dark hair fall carelessly around her face, framing it as if it were a picture. A picture of angelic beauty. She’s swaying side to side, all sense of her surroundings gone as she is so lost in the music…

"... feel my lips, see my face, hear my words and know that I’m… all for you…”
 Finally, blissfully, her eyes open, as if seeking me out of my hiding place. They fall across everyone but the one she is searching for, and she flutters them closed in the torment of the moment- her voice faltering a heartbeat. It’s unrecognisable to anyone else, but not to me. I want to run to her, to shout out her name and fall to my knees before her. She looks so beautiful up there under the spotlight. How I long to touch her skin and feel her warmth next to me.
 She is singing to me. I can feel her yearning for me as she delivers the final chorus…
            “... it’s only you that can break out my frozen heart, and release me from my shackles. Now you know that I’m forever yours...”
  There is silence for a few seconds as her voice trails off into a whisper. Then the applause begins. It erupts in a loud chorus from the front of the room, echoing around to the back to reach everyone. She opens her eyes and smiles, beautifying the moment even more.
 That song. Those words.
 I am coming for you, Mia.
 I feel it too.
 ©Copyright. 2013 Claire C Riley
Release date: Sunday 24th March 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment