Sunday, December 23, 2012

Managing Your Time: A Personal Experience


By: Michala T.

How do I do it?

I have always been a busy-minded person. I think it is due to the fact that I think way too much for my own good. I always have. And to keep from thinking about things that bog my time and energy down I just feel it is healthier to keep busy. (My thoughts tend to go towards the darker side of life.)

Having kids, you would think I wouldn’t have to find things to keep busy. LOL But I must and so I do. I found school was a great answer to my prayers years ago. Maybe it is due to the fact that I got really good at juggling life and school and work but after a while even going to school didn’t keep me busy enough. So I incorporated writing on a heavier level into living.

My therapist told me once that I was too busy. I looked at her like she was crazy. LOL

Today I still maintain that business. Only now its grown to grand proportions. I have my family and home to tend to, I work part time at a hotel (I love meeting new people!), I sell Thirty-One (again to meet new people and make new friends), I attend Graduate school, I read and review books for various places (which now includes keeping up with my own blog),  and I am working on my first novel.


I would love to say that I have it all mapped out, a nifty calendar that lays it all out for me, a course set for each and every day. I don’t. I should but I don’t. I do have tons of little note books that I write things down in everyday. But I lose them and always start a new one. My calendar on my wall tells my family what they need to do everyday is void of all notes for myself. I try. I really do. I try to do those ‘dinners for the month’ things but it never works out. LOL

I am a fly by day (and night) kind of gal. Somehow I maintain a decent looking home, my kids socks and shoes are a true pair (except when they choose to mismatch on purpose), I still have my 4.0 in college, and my novel is near finished. My family ate Ramen Noodles last night…but they didn’t die so I suppose that’s something. (Oh, and I started a new reminder notebook last night-damn things keep going missing!)

I’m curious…how do you juggle your time? Have any tips? Help a gal out!

No comments:

Post a Comment