Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Word of the Day: Fob

Oh my...I wasn't expecting you so soon. I have barely had a moment to myself. So if you will forgive me, I need a few seconds to prepare the Word of the Day. Please come on in and make yourself at home. There are refreshments on the coffee table for you. I think there is coffee and tea, along with some finger sandwiches.

I will be back. Just give me a second.

There you are, you will never believe this. The fault is all mine. It seems I forgot to wind my fob watch and therefore it stopped working about two hours ago. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Let us have a look at today's word. 

Dictionary.com
Fob \ FOB \   
noun; 
1. A short chain, usually with a medallion or similar ornament, worn hanging from a pocket. 
2. A small pocket just below the waistline in trousers for a watch, keys, change, etc.

verb:
1. To cheat someone by substituting something spurious or inferior. 
2. To put (someone) off by deception or trickery.

Once again I am so sorry for any inconvenience that I may have caused you. I will really try to have my fob watch in working order the next time you come around. In the mean time please share what you have learned here today with both your friends as well with us. Thank you.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment