Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Word of the Day: Vainglory


...as I was telling the Queen; it was no big deal. Sure no one had ever run a mile in that fast of time. But what can I say, years of training really paid off. Excuse me if you will your honor, I see some other guest have arrived. Please will you make yourself comfortable readers, I am sure you are hear about the time I shot a lion in my pajamas. Oh you are not? You say you're here to find out the meaning of the word vainglory. Well good sirs and madames you have come to right place, for I am the keeper...oh you just want me to get on with it? Well than let us have a look at Merriam-Webster.com shall we.

Vainglory \veyn-glawr-ee, -glohr-ee, veyn-glawr-ee,-glohr-ee\, noun;


1 :excessive or ostentatious pride in one's achievements

2 :vain display or show: VANITY

And there you have it my dear friends. I have humbly passed along the meaning of the word vainglory to you. Please try and go out and share it with the world. And if you would be so kind as to leave us a little something down below in the comment box. Thank you. 

1 comment:

  1. i enjoy reading your word of day stuff. it is very creative.

    ReplyDelete