Sunday, October 7, 2012

I Am An Introvert


                                               This does not mean I am shy.
 It just means that I need a good reason or excuse to interact with you.
This does not mean that I do not like to talk to people.

It means that I talk about things that are important to me. The rest of the conversations involve me sitting quietly letting you talk about what is important to you.
This does not mean I am rude.




I just tend to say things that I am passionate about truthfully and openly. But if I don’t know you then I likely am not comfortable about talking about what I am passionate about truthfully and openly.
This does not mean I don’t like you.

It just means that I choose my friends very carefully. I don’t need a gazillion facebook friends or school friends or whatever. I would rather spend my time with those REAL friends.

This does not mean I don’t like going out into the world.
It just means that I usually need a reason to go somewhere, to be somewhere. And I don’t want to spend a lot of time there. I want to get there, get my business done, and then go. I am comfortable in places where I can be real, where I can be open, where I can relax and not where the masks people normally wear when in public.

This does not mean I am an oddball.
I am me. I do not participate in cliques nor do I follow the crowd. I wear what I want to wear. I dance to my beat; not yours. I think, act, and live the way I want to and I do that for me. Not for you. What you consider popular means nothing to me. And I will not apologize for that.

This does not mean I am standoffish and geeky.
It means that I try to see the world and apply my emotions and reactions according to what is going on within me. My inner world is so much more alive than you could imagine and I have to take into account all of my past experiences before I can go out and interact with everything else.

This does not mean I am stiff as a board.
It just means that I in most comfortable in places that I am familiar with. I don’t really care much for busy places. I like doing new things but I am going to be a bit more careful when choosing what I do. I do sometimes get overwhelmed and can become frustrated with too many things going on at one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment