Friday, September 28, 2012

Site Review: Anglophenia


By William G. Muir
Time to break out the tea and crumpets, turn on the telly and watch the Queen speech on the BBC. That's right loyal readers it is Friday and that means it is time for me to review another blog. This week I will be looking at the Anglophenia blog that can be found at BBCAmerica.com.

Before for we go any farther I have a confession to make, I am an Anglophile. I can trace my roots back to Scotland. (That might explain why I can be tightfisted with a dollar.) With all this Scottish blood that runs through my veins I love anything to do with British culture. Although you English are a bunch bloody wankers (just kidding).

So what is Anglophenia? Simple put it is the BBCAmerica.com blog for those American fans of anything British. If you like the British Pop Music scene, Anglophenia has you covered. If you are a fan of British Dramas head on over to Anglophenia. If you love British Comedies than Anglophenia is the place to be. If you are interested in what the Royal Family is up, look no farther than Anglophenia. If you are an American and you just can't get enough of British Culture you need to head on over to BBCAmerica.com and check out Anglophenia.

So let's take a look at what you are bound to find when click on to Anglophenia.

Any blog that is worth reading will have countdown lists. Readers just can't get enough of them and Anglophenia has more than its share of lists. The most recent list looks at the many deaths of current Doctor Who companion Rory Williams. There is also a list that countdown the 15 coolest uses for the UK's red phone booths. Other list include 5 British accents that baffle Americans; 10 words pronounced differently in Britain; The 10 most British town in America, just to name a few.

My favorite part of British culture is there television. I am a huge fan of the British comedies. I think they are some of the funniest shows I have ever seen. But one British show that is a must watch for me is Doctor Who. This is were Anglophenia gets two thumbs from me. They have every angle of Doctor Who covered. From covering cast and crew appearances at Comic-Con; news and update on what's happening on the show; a weekly episode review; to a peek backstage at the life of cast members, both current and from the past. It's more Doctor Who than even a TARDIS could hold. 

I'm telling you if you are a fan of anything British you need to head on over to Anglophenia right away. As an American fan of things British it the place to be. From the Royal family to 007 himself. Get your fast car fix with the gang from Top Gear. And don't forget to check out the video section to catch clips of some of your favorite British stars.

I have very much enjoyed doing this review of Anglophenia. The Doctor Who coverage alone makes this a site that I will check out again. So do yourself a favor and check out Anglophenia. I promise that you will find something you like there.

No comments:

Post a Comment