Friday, September 21, 2012

My Crazy Life



So I’ve been struggling with trying to juggle the new routine. With school back in for all of my children I have really kind of lost control of any resemblance of routine in my household. It seemed like so much came towards me all at one time. I picked up a few writing gigs, reviewing books for my site as well as another site, while trying to manage a successful blog site all while working on my novel. It’s a bit much but nothing I haven’t been able to tackle before.

The problem is I am trying to tackle all this with the onset of a new school year. My body clock was so used to sleeping in late unless I had to get up early for my job (which was only once or twice a week).




I am at a point now where I am trying to make this new schedule work…but now I am thinking, why bother? I am moving to thirds soon so I would have to redo my entire schedule so I am thinking why not just allow this craziness a bit longer? What’s the harm?

But there is harm. There is the current harm of not getting things done NOW. I have three chapters that I need to review and three chapters that I need to write. And I’ve been forced to put them low on the totem pole of my priorities. And I get stressed and all pissy when I can’t get my writing done. And nobody likes a stressed and pissy lady…especially when she is sleep deprived. ( I read at night and sometimes I just can’t stop reading!)

Oh, did I mention that I have school work in all this mix? Yep. Graduate school is also tons of writing…and sometimes the technical writing grabs at the spirit of my passionate writing and filters it through and now…I can no longer even type because my fingers are all crinkled up from typing up fifteen page reports.  Even if I wanted to write my body now refuses to let me.

I’m tired. I’m going to go to bed now.

I think I might read for a bit first. J

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how stressed you are! Hang in there, things will calm down eventually, and you got this!!

    ReplyDelete