Friday, September 28, 2012

A Magical World


By: Michala T
Although I never searched for a camel...this little picture reminds me of what it was like for me when I was a young one. I walked to the library in the little town I grew up in nearly everyday and I would reach worlds in which I was too often told I was to young or I wasn't capable of grasping, or worlds where I wasn't allowed. I read about the mafia, about serial killers, about sexual escapades, about detectives, about women who cheated on their husbands and vice versa, and so much more. I was not stuck at one particular age in the library. Instead I was allowed to be the detective. I was allowed to follow the murderer and witness how they killed. I was allowed to take part in the adventures and journeys of so many others even though I was, at that time, stuck in my very dull life in a small town without even a McDonalds! I went into the library knowing that on that day I was going to enter a magical world. And today...that truth continues on.

No comments:

Post a Comment